Friday, March 14, 2008

Online Therapy

Okay for the past two days I've vomited in the morning. Well yesterday I slept the rest of the day and I felt fine and then it happened again in the morning. So I called the ER and they transferred me to my Dr., who wasn't in, and they couldn't help me. So then I had to call again and specifically ask for the 24hr nurse and all she has to say was "Are you pregnant?" and "Well you know that sounds like your pregnant." Sure, I'm pregnant, only if there is latent attack sperm that can impregnate after a few years. So then she's like, well if you want to work, you're probably not contagious and you probably got it from work anyway, so whatever. So helpful.

My mother suggests stress, which is reasonable. I remember the last time I was stressed out, I know I've told you about it. I had ulcer symptoms so bad I had to go get prescription strength antacids. And lets face it, I'm only up here because of the job so it's not really a picnic. So I thought that maybe I should see a counselor.

But o god I'm up here. And one of my friends sees a counselor and what I've already seen of the medical community I'm not impressed. I consider myself ridiculously lucky to get the doctor I did get. My friends counselor had her sign a HIPPA form and sends all of his notes about her to her regular practitioner who makes comments about it during her doctors appointments. Like last time during her physical she said "So do you think your marriage is going to last another six months?" WTF. I wonder if I could do online therapy. Ya know Instant Message a therapist.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chemska said...

Wow. It's probably stress, because I've been having trouble keeping food down and having headaches that start in the morning and become migraines by 5:00. I started my codeine habit again, which makes everything better, whee! and I'm losing weight because its a waste of money to eat if I'm just going to vomit. Could you move? I know you want equity and a good mark on your resume, but I'm sure you'd be able to make it to another place with what you've got so far....I really think you should move, but its your decision.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Rhianna W said...

I could I guess, but I really want to stick it out. Yeah, I know, that means the question is: at what point will I call it quits and will I be at that point coherrant if I remain too damn stubborn. These are interesting questions.

On the up side, I did a coup in the office on friday and ran the reference meeting and did the schedule for next week while the boss was out.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker