Monday, December 19, 2005

Holiday Hell

Hey Everyone- I've been feeling like a real schmuck because I can't afford any presents. But, one night my step-dad called me and we were trying to figure out what to do for Christmas. He thought it would be nice if just he, my mom, my little sister and I could just have a quiet night at my place. No presents, just food, hot cocoa, and our two favorite Christmas movies. (A Christmas Story and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation) I thought to myself: That sounds like the perfect way to celebrate.
I don't know about you guys, but the guilt of not being able to buy presents weighs me down like a ton of bricks. Mostly when I receive the presents. This year though, I'm throwing off the repressive shackles of "You must buy, You must buy!" "You will make people upset if you don't purchase something to show how much you love and appreciate the very expensive gift they got for you." Screw them. Every year the stuff I get sits in the box/bag I brought it home in for weeks in the middle of my room/livingroom until I can find a spot for it . It's not that I'm an ingrate, I do appreciate the lovely gifts I receive. But, I really don't need anymore stuff.
And so I conclude this post by saying that gifts are wonderful. But the most wonderful gifts you can share with someone are love and friendship. All year round we share those everyday and for that I am grateful!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hazel Stone said...

This is the big fringe benefit of marrying Mr. Paganism. I have a great excuse for not giving or receiving presents. I love the thought...but I care barely cram my stuff and Andrew's stuff in the house as it is.

I'd rather just cook for people.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker