Friday, May 12, 2006

Life With Romi

Yeah, I'm bored. Yeah I know all the saying about how it's my fault for being bored and I tell them to f-off. So I've got a new job and I like my boss like where I work, like what I do the only problem is that it's really slow. There are assigned tasks, they really only take twenty minutes to an hour depending on how many books come in to be checked in and how much I putz around. I enjoy the reference questions but there usually only one to two in a four hours period. So yeah. I'm going to have to start comming up with my own reference questions. The problem is that the library I work in is small and speciallized for those with disability questions. The other problem is that it's off campus tucked away in a friggin thicket with a drive way half a mile long, so there is NO foot traffic. Any yeah, that's my work day right now.

I need to start some new stupid hobby, like handleing poisonus snakes or wrestling wart hogs so then I'll have something interesting to talk about. I mean I've been painting, reading, playing my dulcimer but who wants to hear about my day mixing paint? Exactly, no one. Sometimes the most excitement in my day is using the typewriter. Typewriters make such a productive noise. Okay that it, I'm losing it, brain just said bye-bye.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rhianna W said...

My dear I already have that as a steady hobby. My only issue is having enough fresh batteries on hand. Va va voom goes my little bullet.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Chemska said...

Try dumpster diving. Focus on the mirrors that aren't wicker and from the 80's ... if you find one that's not broken, it is our form of gold.
This is very addictive and you can babble to people about it. I myself have gone manic lately and have to squeeze my way through the house.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Hazel Stone said...

I second, the Chemska. Dumpster diving and thrifting, or even better, window shopping and thrift stores. The ultimate in cheap time wasters.

Frankly, between all my boring chores and stupid scifi movies I've been watching (I'd be gardening, but we are on our third week of rain) my boredom factor is quite high.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker