Thursday, May 04, 2006

Romi's forest adventure

So I tried the Indiana State forest system again and decided to go on a hike. I tried a different park. And I should have gotten the hint after the long, pitted, dirt road that winded for at least two miles from any main road. The wooden one-lane bridge without side rails or the little creek I had to fjiord with my vehicle to get to the head of the trail. Maybe I should have taken a hint that the name of the trail was (seriously) 'Scarce O Fat Trail'. But undaunted by the obvious deficencies of the surroundings yet smart enough to bring my own water and snack I trekked of on the FOUR MILE TRAIL. Okay, I thought four miles, I can do this. Hills valleys, more creeks, mud and TWO and a half hours later I find my way out of the woods. I mean what the fuck? I think they lied about the length of the trail. Also the marking was inconsistint or non-exsistant. There way a part where three trails intersected. How the fuck am I supposed to know where to go without a sign? hello? Anyway, just wanted to share.

2 Comments:

Blogger Your_Host said...

Sometime I'll recount the tale of "The Shortcut of Fear" for you. It's a thrilling tale of man against nature when a wildlife illiterate Mother and her 2 nature challenged children attempt to have a picnic in a state park. Hillarity ensues.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Hazel Stone said...

That's one of the nice things about tooling around in Ireland. If you keep walking downhill, you will find civilization.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker