Saturday, October 06, 2007

You don't even know.

My term in Soviet prison camp is over. Surely I would have perished there, frozen to the dunes, a jagged shiv desperately clutched in my cold, dead hand; my last attempt to keep the surviving prisoners from stealing what small treasures I had managed to keep from home. On Monday I start my shiny new job, supporting the red pride of corporate Target. As an email coordinator. You heard me. I get paid $14 an hour to read and respond to email, corporately. I am Strong Bad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rhianna W said...

Whoa, I don't even know what to say. Does it have benefits?

2:17 PM  
Blogger Chemska said...

No, I'm just a temp. It lasts for 3 months, then 2 months after that they'll be hiring for that position. My new temp agency pays unemployment, so if I want to wait it out, they already know me...
But I can't see myself doing emails forever. The agency is using the foreclosure experience and the Target reference to put me in something legal when my time is up. Then I can intern while working, graduate, and skip the country.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Your_Host said...

Woot! At least it is steady and not quite so hellish. There seems to be a certain number of things you have to endure before you find the right place. Good luck to you!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Rhianna W said...

Oh, well it's good they are helping you build your resume for the job you really want.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker