Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I am a Pedant! (see also Spritzy)

"Definitions of pedant on the Web:

* a person who pays more attention to formal rules and book learning than they merit
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* A Pedant is a person who overrates or overuses book learning or pure technical knowledge. Such a person values simple knowledge, (in the form of often obscure facts and rules) over common sense and more general knowledge.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedant

* a person regarded as pedantic or quibbling ( disapproving )
encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861702240/scholastic.html

* A French term that describes a slight, tingling prickle. See also Spritzy.
www.lovewine.org/"

So I was writing an email to a person about an inconsequential and picky little distinction dealing with payroll and realized that I am slowly becoming a pedant. Being a pedant I wanted to clarify the definition for myself so I googled it and then emailed the definition along with my original email for the edification of my coworkers.

Little did I realize that there are multiple definitions for this most confusing of words.

Do you feel the slight tingling prickle of my post?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chemska said...

Are you hitting on me?

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker