Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Finally Posting!!!

That posting about iPods and the music "them there youngsters listen to" was funny. I remember the days of innuendo. Good times, good times. There's a song by some lame band named:"Buck Cherry" or something, but some of the lyrics are: "Yeah, you're a crazy bitch but you f*ck so good I'm on top of it. When I dream, I'm doing you all night..."
(I know the words because I was quite surprised I was hearing them at 2pm on 93X. They've been burned into my brain and make me want to throw up a little.)
At least we were a little entertained by trying to figure out just what a milkshake was and why it was bringing all the boys to the yard. It could've been a number of things. Maybe she's generous and throwing a pizza party for the neighbourhood kids. She's making malts! She could show the kids how to make them but if they screw it up, it puts her out a couple bucks, and where she gonna buy her weed at?
It's not just the Americans either. I normally love my British Indie Rock(ers). But this band called Hard-Fi is lame. Mike, Anglophile that he is, burned me a copy of their album. Utter crap. Every song goes something like: "Yay, it's the weekend. Hard week at work so I'm gonna party tonight. Probably drink. Yeah, yeah, yeah!" But they have some disco-esque song in heavy rotation on the alt-stations. "Heart beatin' so fast as you tear my shirt off...""This girl I seen 'round town, well now she's goin' down..." Fortunately, it doesn't get worse from there. Besides the rest of the album.
Anyways, that's all I got.
Oh, check out www.spogg.org all you grammar dorks!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chemska said...

dude. have you seen the video for the milkshake song? unfortunately its burned into my memory.

12:49 AM  
Blogger Hazel Stone said...

Let there be SOME mystery about sex!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker