Saturday, February 25, 2006

Librarian's Self Image

So, there are a large number of Library blogs on the web along with everything else. There is the Hot Librarian, The Sexy Librarian and other such things. Anyway, I'm a member of the American Library Association Student Chapter and we had a fundraiser on wednesday selling SLIS mugs (School of Library and Information Science) white with read writting and a cute little Slizzard on the front. However on the other side of the mug was:

*Librarians are all-knowing and all seeing.
*They bring order to chaos
*They bring wisdom and culture to the masses.
*They preserve every aspect of human knowledge.
*Librarians rule
- Erica Olsen
(Librarian Avengers website)

Apparently we are a little full of ourselves as well, but I still got a mug tee hee. And soon I will be webmistress of the Special Libraries Association yes Mistress ha ha!

By the way I'm not sure I'm going to pursue the Art History thing anymore. Eh. I took the GRE today and I just didn't give a flying fuck. I decided that if I don't get in I'll just be a Social Science librarian since I already have an extensive background in that anyway. Why didn't I do that before you might ask? Well, 'cause I didn't want to! Thhhppt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker