Friday, May 19, 2006

Another mission for Romi

So I heard about this poem and now I need to read the whole thing, it took me a while to find out where it was published and now I can't find anywhere to access it for free. It was in the March 1st 2005 issue of Harpers. It is by Kim Yongsik entitled "Feeble Bush". Here are the first few lines:
"To Feeble Bush"

Hey, feeble Bush,
an ordinary citizen of North Korea has a few
words to tell you.
They are what you deserve,
so listen to what I tell you till I'm finished.

Feeble Bush,
dissolute bum, Bush,
You are so good at starting the fire of war.
Bushy Bush,
Your hair is bushy like a whore who has passed
a night without sleep.
Bush, you attract all kinds of cheap, shabby
descriptions.

Bush, the only thing you want to do is eat.
You say you're going to eat this country or that
country at the slightest ...

Good luck dear.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhianna W said...

Dude, yeah. No problem.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Your_Host said...

Anything that has a line like " Your hair is bushy like a whore who has passed
a night without sleep" is worth the time and effort.
-Peace

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker