Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Romi's on a "Mission From Greg"






Yeah, my mom called when I was driving around and I told her I was on a "Mission from Greg" and she replyed hesitently:"Well,...it's like a mission from God. They both start with 'G'." he he he. And I want you to all know that I have taken all of your suggestions to heart and will try them all. I'm sorry Chemska, I missed the "moving out period" for undergrads. I've wasted excellent dumpster diving opportunities, you should come visit for next year's glorious week of chucking shit that mommy and daddy paid for so they have no idea its true value. he he suckers. And La Roux I've invested in rechargable batteries :) Hazel, I'm compiling a list of local thrift stores and I'm saving that adventure for a nice day of walking and/or biking.

So today was the "Mission from Greg" day. (I just like saying that.) And first I went to the pyramid ruins of Needmore, actually, construction was halted midway so it's more like pyramid base ruins. But its fun to climb on and run around. So the have the entry way built, sign and ticket booth. I think people who've gone before just followed the road to the quarry and found the pyramid on the right. But the ticket booth is there all spray painted on the inside with the door shot at. And I'd like to point out two things about the witless vandals. A. they were shooting the door from the inside of the booth. Idiots. Two the spray painted stupid things like the frquency and call letters of (apparently) thier favorite radio stations. What kind of shit is that? They are advertizing not vandelizing. Good god what has this world come to?

Then farther down the path was a "heilopad" for lack of a better phrase. A big triangle with an "H" in the middle. Possibly the loading area for alien abductions? Who knows. And I took a picture of myself at the entrance. What kind of pose is that you may ask? The stupid kind is my only answer.






Oh yes, I also found two other places where you can buy, hot out of the deep fat frier: deep fried chicken gizzards and livers! Dude, redneck cuisine at its finest!

Also I would like to point out the red boot which is for a western clothing shop on the way to the pyramid. This was the only shopping place that didn't have a front porch, elders in rocking chairs out front and paint peeling off the building on the way to the quarry. Also there was this riding tractor on a stick I'd like to share with you. Why was it there? Who the fuck knows. Its probably the locals answer to boredom: "Hey Billy Bob what do you want to do today? Hey lets put Willy's tractor on a stick, that'll really piss him off. Don't forget to bring the beer!"

Anyway, I also went to the "Osama Bin Bigfoot" chainsaw statue outside the antique mall. Its definitely not a bear. The antique mall is actually really cool, they make their little booths into these funky story senes like from little red riding hood and such. So the antique mall in itself was actually a really cool stop. There's also these underground caverns near by but they are closed during the weekday.

Okay, I also saw the "sign guy" in Bedford. Bedford, which next to their welcome sign is a fifteen foot cross which on the bottom reads "Jesus Saves". eeck. I would like to point out that in this neck of the woods, limestone is god. Everything is made out of it. And there was even a sign made out of Indiana Limestone with a little limestone race car carved on top of it. Sorry I didn't get a picture. So yes in Bedford either the building was made out of limestone or in desperate need of a paint job. The "sign guy" just...oh my god...I can't even discribe it. Its just....wow. There was a used furniture place next to it that I decided to check out, I could only walk in twenty feet until I got a panick attack from severe clostraphobia. I mean it was packed with shit, piled six feet high and only god knows how many feet back. I don't know where the guy that owns it sits in the winter. Today he was on his porch in his rocking chair with his cash register and a black and white TV on a tv tray. On my way out he asked if there was anything I was interested in. All I could reply was "No, sir, nothing I couldn't live without thank you." And walk swiftly to the car. See the thing about the sign guy was, he must have owned half of the block. I drove all the way around, and there was junk everywhere. It could have been the same guy with the "used furniture" store. Anyway on his front yard of a condemed househe had several 6x8 self made billboards with his own anti-government slogans painted in red on white. Which he must whitewash and repaint everyso often. I really can't explain the horror that little corner of town put into me. Oh oh! and then! then! two blocks over in the middle of a neighborhood was some stripper joint with a big sign proudly introducing "Oil Wrestling" on its venue! Then down the block from that was anti abortion signs and EVERYWHERE were people with front bumper licenceplates that read "Jesus Saves"!!! And then I couldn't find my way out of town. Damn it.

Yeah, so I finally made it out and home. Whew. I'm glad I could share and I'm sorry its such a big post. Love ya all!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Your_Host said...

You have completed your mission succesfully, congratulations. You will be granted a short rest period and then you will be sent out to gather more information on the strange natives of this planet they call "Earth".

Dismissed.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker