Sunday, April 29, 2007

Townie Auction Fabulousness

Hello All, in town there is this fabulous little ice cream stand called the Chocolate Moose and for the past week I've been on a sno cone binge and going every freakin day and bringing whoever I can drag along. (Dude, the snow cones are only 48 cents, and I LOVE sno cones!!!)

Anyway, Jess and I were sitting in the parking lot eating our tasty treats when I"m like "What the hell is that?" And down the alley a little ways, you can't even see it from the road is this little cinder block auction house with auctions ever Saturday at 6:30! Hell yeah! And we go this Saturday and I can't even explain how fabulous, I mean the auctoneer knows just about everybody bidding and they just have tons of shit, most of it doesn't go for over $3 if that. Jess got a wine glass set with a low ball glass set, like 6 of one 8 of the other, for a buck! I got two umbrellas for a buck. But it's the most townie thing I've been too and I think we're going next week. It was just great, since it was nice out they had the garage door open to it was open air and the blocked off the alley way. And this older couple must foster or something and they had a little girl with them and they bought her this HUGE purple dog and she was riding that thing up and down the alley way and just having a ball. And then there was this other woman who just bought tons of stuff and bought this huge basket full of bubble wrap and other packaging stuff and we figured she was padding her SSI check with a little e-bay entrepunerialship (not a bad idea).

Oh, but o-my-god, I've been here almost two years now and we've just started to get out of the "College town" crap, we've started to hang out at the Players Pub on Tuesdays which is open jam night and the music is they best and then there is this little guy that everybody knows who gets up and does a comic routine every once in a while and I can't discribe the fabulousness. Just can't, I wish you were here...

1 Comments:

Blogger Hazel Stone said...

Sounds awesome! I really need to visit...

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker