Monday, February 19, 2007

Bad news

Hey guys, I had to take Monster into the emergency veterinarian clinic tonight. He either had a allergy/asthma attack or a heart attack and may die soon. I'll let you know when I have more news. One minute he was fine, Katie and Kim were hanging out with him in Katies room and I was just getting back from an errand, I walked into the dining room and he came around the corner limping. He couldn't seem to move his right paw. He let me pick him up, he didn't seem to be in a lot of pain. I thought maybe his paw was broken, but he wasn't favoring his other paw at all, he seemed confused about how to work his paw. We put him in his carrier while I looked up the clinic on-line and then we noticed his breathing was funny. At the clinic they put him in the oxygen cage right away because his breathing was getting worse. There apparently was a lot of fluid in his lungs.

I'm really worried about him, and that I'm not going to be able to pay for this but I have to do what I can. I wish I had thought to buy him kitty insurance, they sell that now. But he has always been very healthy. Just the trip to the emergency clinic is about a thousand dollars.

So if any of you have thought about buying me a birthday present you can contribute to the Monster fund instead. I love my Monster, I can't stop worrying about him.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hazel Stone said...

I'm so sorry honey. When I went through this with jackie chan, it was horrible.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Greg, I would be more than happy to do what I can! Which, honestly, is not much. But I will try! Poor little fella. So sorry to hear. We love Monsty too!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Rhianna W said...

That's awful Greg! I'm so sorry, I remember all the trips with larry over the summer. That is just so horrible. Email me your address, so I can mail you something.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker